At dusk-new ballpoint pen drawing

Hello Cheri, thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate it! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat:

1 Like

Maki,

It is so good to see another of your pieces. I was just wondering when you would post another piece, and as you can see, I have not been here for a while so was so glad to see this, as always, exceptional piece of artwork

. I really enjoyed the video, and I could not explain better how this piece drew me into it and the feeling as Patricia did, so I ditto her comment.

I do want to mention the excellent job on the shadows and how they direct you to the curious cat. As mentioned by someone else there is no way I could think that the patrons to the gallery would not love this piece.

I hope that you have submitted it for a critique! Thank you again for another piece to inspire me.

Teri

1 Like

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your very kind words. My apologies for not answering sooner.
I’m really glad to hear that you enjoy this piece so much. After I completed this one and the second piece in the same garden drawing series, I had a feeling that I could go on with my next film making which has been on pause for some time. Beginning with the third piece in this drawing series, I am going to work on garden drawings which will actually be used in my film. They will include some riverside and lakeside scenes, which I am particularly looking forward to. As I have decided to use a music titled “river flow” as the theme song for this film, scenes which include water are very important.
I will share these new pieces too once completed. Yes, I have submitted this one to the critique. Hopefully it will be picked up in a new episode!
This is the song “river flow” by the way…:

Maki,

I will be waiting to see the rest of the pieces in this project! Your artwork is so inspiring.

Teri

1 Like

Oh my gosh, this piece is stunning. I’m just now getting into pen drawings and I can’t imagine doing this level of detail. I’m so impressed!

1 Like

Omg :flushed:
That’s it, that’s all I can say and I’ll say it again.
OMG :flushed:

-SlippyPaints

1 Like

Hello Finley, thank you so much for your kind comment. Hope you will find much fun in pen & ink drawings! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat: :+1:

Hello Glenn, thank you so much for your reaction to my work. That is the most concise and yet very eloquent feedback I have ever received. You’ve made me very proud. Thank you so much again! :upside_down_face: :cat: :wine_glass:

1 Like

【Update 8 Jul ‘22】

This piece has been picked up for critique episode #383

Toward the end of the critique, Matt mentions my choice of colour for the final product of this piece so that it will better fit for the framing set-up I was thinking about. Probably you can see why I did that by looking at these images:

Original B&W version:

Darkbrown version(I used the colour adjustment function of photoshop for this):

Framed version(For printing, I selected a light yellow paper called “kin-mari” in Japanese. This paper is popular as books printing for its eye-friendly nature. I preferred this paper because I wanted to give it some classic taste.):

Product photos:

2 Likes

So nice! I do think that the tinted paper is better, and the brown tones for the line art is pretty too! :heart: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m glad to know that somebody agrees with this decision. When you think about how to make the best possible “selling items” out of your original drawings, you always have to face a pretty difficult choice. As to this one, though, I did not come up with any other choices. Thank you again for your kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :laughing: :cat:

1 Like

Hi Maki! I love the adjustments you have made and how you framed the artwork. Personally, I would have loved it in its original version as much as I do the adjusted version. Great work, as usual!

1 Like

Wauw Maki, this looks so good! I’m not often speechless but your work does it. The framing and everything is just top tier

• SlippyPaints :orange_heart:
1 Like

Thank you, Patricia. I would need to change the framing set-up for the original B&W version. I may think about it in the future because I remember that I actually had a request from customer for a colour change of my “life per leaf” series.
This B&W version was the only product I prepared:

But the customer wanted the green one, so I newly prepared this version:

Some people may prefer the B&W version of this drawing. :cat: :laughing: :upside_down_face:

Thank you, Glenn, for your very kind words! :laughing: :cat: :tada:

1 Like

This piece is beautiful. Wonderful work. Just WOW!!!

1 Like

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Thank you so much!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat: :+1:

Maki,

This piece looks so nice framed, beautiful! I saw Matts review also; his critiques are always educational.

I also like your choice of color. I have actually been experimenting with different colors of ink, I am really enjoying inventing my own style and usage of different colors of ink and surface.

I feel that you made the correct choice with the colors.

Teri

1 Like

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your kind words.

Glad to know that you like my arrangement choice for selling this artwork. From a very, very early stage of my art making efforts, I have been working on the product development utilizing my own artworks. Thanks to this experience, I’ve learned a lot about how I can effectively “enhance”, like Matt says in the critique, my works. I’ve just posted a new topic covering my participation in a postcard show in NYC this autumn by adding an update to my old post “camouflage failure”. I did change the colour of this work too and even changed the format from landscape to portrait when I used this work as a tote bag design.

:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

As you cleverly say, all these efforts for “inventing my own style”, be it an original artwork or a product application, bring about endless pleasure, don’t you think? :laughing: :tada: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Maki,

As always, your welcome. The tote bag is wonderful!

Thank you for sharing what you’re doing. I look forward to seeing some of your postcards too. Will you be coming to NYC too?

I hope one day to find my style. Since I have been disabled with Neurological Lyme Disease art has been a huge help with so many skills, I took for granite before. It helps me to bounce around from one medium to another.

I did post recently a colored pencil drawing with polychromes if you get a chance to take a look and make any suggestions. I think I titled it Colored Pencil Drawing of a Horse.

Again, your tote is Wonderful!

Teri

| Maki
August 28 |

• | - |

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your kind words.

Glad to know that you like my arrangement choice for selling this artwork. From a very, very early stage of my art making efforts, I have been working on the product development utilizing my own artworks. Thanks to this experience, I’ve learned a lot about how I can effectively “enhance”, like Matt says in the critique, my works. I’ve just posted a new topic covering my participation in a postcard show in NYC this autumn by adding an update to my old post “camouflage failure”. I did change the colour of this work too and even changed the format from landscape to portrait when I used this work as a tote bag design.

camouflage failure_ver2

:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

cf_pp

cf_pp_2

As you cleverly say, all these efforts for “inventing my own style”, be it an original artwork or a product application, bring about endless pleasure, doesn’t it? :laughing::tada::upside_down_face:

1 Like