Meet the Labradoodle named "Atlas"

Our newest addition to the family is our son-in-law. He is a officer in the US Navy. Most of his career was spent as an aviator, then became a navigator and later captain. Our daughter and he are moving overseas in Feb '23. Prior to their wedding in September, they acquired a Labra-doodle puppy. His name is “Atlas,” in line with the military genre. He’s adorable. As a Christmas present, I did this portrait of him. Meet “Atlas!” Done with Prismacolor Pencils and Pan Pastels on Strathmore paper.

7 Likes

That’s adorable, what a great gift @Cojax73 !:smile:

1 Like

The you for your compliment. God bless!
Jack

1 Like

Great job! Adorable. You picked a really cool name for him!:heart:

So cute! Very nice work! Were the pan pastels the background and base color for Atlas? Not sure how much detail you can get from them, and colored pencils are great for detail but time vacuums.

Exactly right! Pan Pastels are great for bokeh backgrounds and base colors, but not so much for details. I like working with them because it gives me the basic ideas of where I should go with my next layer of color. I used a very light brown color to start with. Then I started the details with the colored pencils. I also used some pen and ink with the eyes, and of course white gel pens for the eyes as well. It’s not really archive quality by any stretch, but my daughter (who’s 40) will appreciate it. I also did a pic of her cat, Ellis. So now it’s a set!
Thanks for the feed back, Troy. Cheers!
Jack