A key in an old door with dip pen and sepia ink

Hi everyone! I drew a key in an old worn door with dip pen and sepia ink. After the pen application I added a diluted wash of the same ink here and there.
I made this illustration on hot pressed watercolor paper and it’s 9x13cm. (About 3,5 x 5 inch)
If you’re interested, I uploaded a video to YouTube where you can watch the entire process: https://youtu.be/un1YKgoMB_Q

What do you think?

7 Likes

Hi @Appelmoes -

I just watched your YouTube link. That site and your artwork is most impressive. Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Oh thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello Anne,

This turned out amazing. Your work on the wood looks so real. One thing I really appreciate when looking for photo references is unique old rustic pictures=s, like this one, or ruins.

You did a wonderful job on this. Thank you for sharing this with us. If you are a member, you should consider submitting this for a critique.

Teri (with 1r)

1 Like

Oh thank you so much Teri! Yes I am a member. Great idea to submit it!

Anne,

I will keep an eye out to see if he critiques it!

Teri

Anne,

I just went to the critique to see if it was posted and to my surprise an amazing ink drawing you did is being critiqued this week, just wonderful!

Wanted to let you know.

Teri

1 Like

I was wondering if this was the same Anne. It was a great drawing and helpful critique.

Terri W2Rs