An original Watercolor painting

I took a photo of this old car a few years ago. Made an attempt to paint it with acrylics, which is definitely a difficult medium for me. Ended up throwing that one away. I still liked the subject, to I started it again with watercolors this last August. I got about half done and was afraid I was going to ruin it again so I let it sit. Getting that “grass” was the problem the first time, and was still difficult for me, but I think I can live with it now. I’m considering this one finally done.

Terri Robichon

12 Likes

That’s amazing, Terri! I’m glad you finished it and shared it here.

Brenda

1 Like

This is very well done. I love it.

1 Like

Terri,

As will all of your work this is fantastic. It has a watercolor look but at the same time could be thought you used other mediums.

Your control of watercolor always impresses me. I hope that you submit this for a critique.

Teri

1 Like

Hi Teri (with one r) -
Thanks for your kind words. As it turns out, I did submit this painting to Matt and his critique was posted on the Members Minute today (11-15-2023). I really liked his comments about the composition because many of those thoughts occurred to me to (about is it good, or is it too heavy on the bottom left). But, I just really liked the image and had to paint it the way I photographed it.

Terri (with 2 r’s)

Wow! I’m glad you did this in watercolor. You captured the fragility beautifully.

1 Like

This is beautifully done, Terri. As a whole image, it is so easy to look at and takes me back to another time. I really like the little kitty, who lends a sense of vitality and energy to the deteriorating surroundings. The grass does the same thing. Life finds a way to go on. The details on the old car are amazing. I feel as if I could walk into the scene. Do you get that I like it a lot!? LOL

Brenda

1 Like

Brenda - thank you so much. When I finish a painting I have a lot of self doubt because I know the things I struggled with, so that’s where my focus is. Having a little time away from it and hearing what others thinks is so helpful.

Terri Robichon

The car material is amazing, not to mention the rest of the piece! How does the barn wood look so REAL?! This needs to be displayed on the wall, a brilliant piece. :oncoming_automobile: :clap: :scream:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be bringing it to my county fair next summer and hanging it on my wall after that.

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

@robichon Great work. I love it. Glad you decided to keep going and finish it.

1 Like