WARNING - a really BAD watercolor

I was digging thru some flat files and stumbled on this really old watercolor that I painted back in 1991. Since so many of you comment on my current fairly good watercolors, I thought you’d enjoy seeing that I struggled with this media too. Gee - that was over 30 years ago. I sure hope I’d be better by now. Size: 12 x 16 on 140 lb cold press watercolor paper.

Okay forum friends. I challenge you to share some artwork that you did a long time ago.

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

Hush your mouth girl! Even your “bad” artwork is good :relieved:

1 Like

Really bad oil pastels. “Water ripples” :face_with_peeking_eye:
I win!:trophy:

2 Likes

Hahaha, this is sooo entertaining :laughing:
My first pastel drawings at the trial lesson:

A graphite portrait in my childhood:

One of my initial computer graphics works:

And the very first ballpoint pen drawing:

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s so bad. Come on - you can do worse than this.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

This is so interesting. Your current pen drawings are so incredible that yes this last one doesn’t compare to what you are doing now. But I sure can see the talent is there waiting to be refined. So glad you played along.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Ok, here’s this one, started the graphite tree before trying to add the mountains

First zentagle

I never ever drew before march of 2023. Thats when i started zentangle. One youtube tutorial led to another, then doodle on top of soft pastel fail, so my portfolio is very limited…

1 Like

WOW you are doing amazing stuff for such a short period of time. I’m IMPRESSED!!!

(and I never heard of zengtangle before)

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hello everyone,

After the live lesson I had to come and look at the bad art. I still don’t see any, so I will add some of mine.

This first one is a knife painting, one of my first. See how straight the horizon is. It must be on a contour line of the planet we live on - Earth.
knife painting with sailboats

This is my very first attempt at charcoal painting back in 2014 when I first was sick with Lyme and started to try artwork to fill in the day.

This is my first oil painting after Rosco Pierre live lesson, is is created with leftover oil paints.
IMG_1208

This is an attempt at Painting a wave that you could see through.
Acrylic painting of a wave

This is one of my first attempt at soft pastels.
Pastel rendering of peacock

This is my first colored pencil drawings. When I started to form a stlye of drawing birds.

And here is one of my first graphite drawings. There is a glare as it is not a good photograph. I have my first one that was splattered with a drop of red acrylic paint when I dropped the brush with a seizure. I’ll try to find it and post it later. This tiger I posted before on the forum for those who have seen it before.
IMG_0590

Thanks for the idea Terri with two R’s. This has been fun!!

Teri with one r

3 Likes

Maki,

These are wonderful, all of them.
Your first ballpoint pen project shows your unique and lovely style from the beginning. Just can’t find the cat!

Teri

1 Like

Terri,

I must agree with Sonia, this looks like the level of watercolor I would like to get too. Makes me want to visit this place. Thirty years ago, wow!

Teri

1 Like

Hi Teri (with on r) -

Okay, I’d agree that the pallet knife painting and the wave fit our “not so great” category. But, I’m really liking some of your stylized animals. Specifically the giraffe, ostrich and lion. Thanks so much for playing along. Sure wish those seizures would stop shaking up your world. Is the extra medication helping at all?

Terri (with 2 r’s) Robichon

Terri,

Yup - even your “bad” watercolor is amazing! I will look for some of my older works.

June

1 Like

here are some of mine from 5-10 years ago

a colored pencil and marker of my son. Put in on an apron I made him
watercolor cows - some of you know that cows are my favorite

one of my first attempts at drawing people. still want to be able to do that

2 Likes

This is great. Love it.

Hello Terri with 2 r’s.

Thanks for the encouragement on my beginning artwork. I started with birds and animals as well as landscapes. In all mediums I still struggle with the sky, especially clouds and waves on the water.

As Matt says, practice, practice, practice!

I’m glad you did this and hope more people join in.

Teri

1 Like

Ok here is a one pencil graphite attempt at a tiger from 2015. I look back at how much a little instruction helps out.

Before getting into TVI i was trying my hand a digital art. So here is a digital tiger 6 years later.

Since March, I have been back to doing mostly traditional art in different mediums (not digital). I feel that is more challenging to try to achieve effects by hand.

Thought I would show a difference over time.

Lenet

2 Likes

Hi Lenet and other forum members. I gotta say I love all the stuff that has been posted for this topic.

WOW Lenet, your art has come a long way (but that digital tiger is incredible - I have never done digital).

Thanks so much for sharing your past art, and your continued involvement. I feel like we’re becoming friends.

Terri Robichon

1 Like