WARNING - a really BAD watercolor

Hi June. Thanks so much for sharing. Isn’t it fun to check back from time to time on how improved our art is getting, with the encouragement of others and really good instruction here at The Virtual Instructor. I no longer have to guess how to do everything on my own, and I’m trying more media than I ever thought I would.

Thanks so much for your continued participation on the forum.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hello Terri @robichon , i do feel that we are becoming friends asa well as others in this forum. I do appreciate your advice and critiques, as it helps see things I may not. I do enjoy dugital art, especially for realism. It does have advantages in that you can really zoom in on areas and really fine tune details. Plus you can fine tune color blends. But not the same feel as having to work with the paper.

If you want to see the realistic detail you can achieve in digital media, check out one of my early posts “Adult Beverage”

Lenet

2 Likes

2 Likes

@lenetg137 love your posts! That digital art is beautiful and so realistic. I’ve never done digital painting, sure seems very involved.
So much fun to see all these posts!

1 Like

I have yet to try any 2 or 3 way perspective. What medium did you use? Is it colored pencils?

Yes. Color pencils are probably my weakest medium because I’m so impatient with multiple layers.

2 Likes

I’ve done colored pencils on bristol smooth paper. Even though it is smoother than other papers like stonehenge, it’s a little less time consuming and finished drawing looks good too. Before finding TVI I found Gemma Chambers who does strictly colored pencils, pastel pencils and graphite.

This are a couple of my drawings from her tutorials

3 Likes

WARNING - a really really bad watercolor tomatoes painting sigh

2 Likes

I think your tomatoes look a lot like mine. We both probably just need more practice. Your art above (in last post) is awesome.

1 Like

OMG that still life is crazy great. I never would have guessed that it wasn’t a photo. I’m intrigued, but don’t have the equipment or time to explore it, at least in the foreseeable future.

Terri Robichon

Thanks so much for sharing. You need to cherish this older image and after another year at The Virtual Instructor, with lots of practice you can look back and be proud of how much your art has improved. That holds true for those of ALL SKILL LEVELS.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

I just need to tell you that this is NOT really really bad. I think we are all too critical of our own work.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Sonia, you constantly amaze me with the talent you have. For someone who has been drawing for such a short amount of time, I’m excited to watch you grow your skills. (By the way, I really like that tulip.)

Terri Robichon

1 Like

That is true for a lot of us. I find I’m pretty patient when I start a project, but the closer I get to the end, the more I just want to get done (and that’s when I rush the process).

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Another one of the BAD drawings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (being sarcastic with the love emoji)

Hi Terri, thank you so much for your kind words! :cat: :+1: :smiley:

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your kind words! :smiley: :cat: :+1:

June,

This is looking good to me. Remember what Matt says - practice practice practice!!

Teri

Rheba,

Perspective is not easy to draw or paint and people are not easy either. I think your drawing is a great start.

Teri

June

I did not see the cow, the back side, lol Watercolor is so difficult for me to get it how I like. Brave lady, a cow in a reflection. It is good that we hold on to these older projects so we can see how far we have come along.

Teri