Live lesson - Acrylic duck with Ashley

Everything but the feathers and erasing grid from water. It’s nice to be back amongst you all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi Brenda.
You never fail to impress me with your ability to work along during the live lesson. As typical, I’ll do mine as homework before next week.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thanks, Terri. I enjoyed the lesson last night. It’s been a long beginning to 2024. It felt good to do a normal Wednesday night with art and a good portion of comic relief. Looking forward to next week already. :blush:

Brenda

1 Like

I’m ready for tomorrow night! Feathers are somewhat sketched in. I haven’t used acrylics in such a long time. I only have very basic colors, so I’ll be doing extra mixing, I fear! I have ordered the medium to extend drying time which will be helpful.

See y’all there!

Brenda

1 Like

Hi Brenda. Yup, you’re definitely ready for lesson 2. You never disappoint.

I’ve been thinking about this project and struggling with a concern about my available time. (I’m counting the weeks before this summer’s local county fair.) I have a list of fine art fair entries, what I’ve done and what I still need. In the oil/acrylic painting category I already have an oil painting of an “animal” that is getting close to done. What I need is a painting of “people”. I’ve decided to watch every lesson, and then try to apply what is being taught on an acrylic painting of a portrait of my dad. (The lesson in this media is much needed.) I’ll try to keep the same schedule as the Live Lessons and hope I’ll be successful in applying the skills Ashley is teaching to my own (different) subject. And yes, my drawing is also ready to go.

Terri Robichon