My one and only ink drawing

Hi Maki,

I wanna say quick iv been watching some of the links you sent me and you’re so right. Placing, shadows, the meaning, structure, gradients… he talks about everything! It’s so good :blush:
Your drawings are amazing and really inspiring!

I’ve also been thinking on what you said about the “what to draw” subject. I think u really gave me something to think about. Woman and water…
iv been brainstorming some great ideas I can work out later. I think next couple months I won’t have too much time to work any of them out because I leave soon on vacation and then my wife comes to live with me from Thailand. So it’s a little bad timing at the moment and besides some random sketches I don’t think I’ll create a lot significant. But I’ll definitely be thinking about ideas to draw later on and I might be able to sketch some in the meantime :blush:

Thank you for giving me all these helpful tips :blush:
I might have missed some points you talked about and I will get back to you. Had a little time so thought I reply quick.
:pray::pray::pray:

-SlippyPaints :orange_heart:

1 Like

If that’s a first, your a Rembrandt. I think its fantastic. I think it has a lot of emotion captured. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Oh thank you! Sorry for the late response, was on holiday. I honestly think I’m far from a Rembrandt tho :sweat_smile: every drawing takes a lot out of me, especially now with the long-covid struggles. I did a couple drawings in graphite before this one but when I bought all my draw stuff I ordered ink pens as well. So thought I should try them out. Being back now from the holidays I wanna focus more again and hopefully get another drawing out soon :blush:

Hi Maki, how have you been? It’s been while :relaxed:
Just wanna say hi quick. Hoping to start drawing soon but I lost all my pencils (graphite and all my polychromos) to water damage while in Thailand :sob:
So have to order everything again :smile:
I tried to buy a ticket for my wife to come with me but prices were crazy high, so she’s coming 27th September in staid.
Hope you don’t mind me sharing a couple pictures :blush:
Anyway, hope you’re ok and doing well!
Bye byeeee

1 Like

Hi Glenn, thank you for the message and the photos. :laughing:

Glad to see that you are enjoying yourself so much, but sorry to hear about the lost drawing tools!

The attached photos are very impressive. I myself have once visited Thailand 14 years ago for joining a yoga retreat at a Hua Hin resort hotel. Other than that, I’ve dropped by the airport in Bangkok for transit when I visited Madagascar in 2014. I slightly remember that I was really really amazed at how huge the airport was…I hope to visit Thailand again in the near future. :smiley:

I’m doing very well, thank you. I’m constantly going back and forth between my inner world and the outside world and right now it is getting busier in both of the worlds. I’m applying to some exhibitions opportunities in the US, which is my outside world activities, while working on two animation projects, one literature project, plus one zine making project. All of which are purely my inner world activities. To my relief, it looks like I can finally complete my first ballpoint pen drawing animation during this year. After going through so many trial and errors in the past three years, I’ve come to a conclusion that I want to combine my basic computer graphics technique and my ballpoint pen drawings. Can’t wait to see the final result. :wink:

Safe & happy journey back home in Netherlands with your wife. :+1: :cat: :tada: