I Redrew This Today

One year ago, practically to the day, I drew this character(and this may have been my first time drawing her digitally with the graphic tablet) below:

I drew her a LOT throughout 2022, on and off the screen, and to see the improvement is crazy! I drew her quickly today in about 35 minutes…

I hope this encourages you all to keep drawing/painting/doing art stuff, because if you stick with it, you’ll amaze yourself! Jesus loves you!!!

7 Likes

Wow! This is very impressive and you can be very proud of yourself. I love the change of the color, the look, the gesture - just great!

1 Like

Thank you @Buddy ! :smile:

Great job. Love them.

1 Like

Thank you @Denise ! :smile:

Both of them look very nice in their own way, almost a different style used on the second one with full color instead of minimalist color on the top one. Can easily see they’re the same character but the bottom one is WAY more refined and precise or “real” (for as real as something anthropomorphic can get)

1 Like

Thank you @ThatOtherGuy ! Different styles indeed, I have learned so much over the past year about art, and especially DIGITAL art. Ways to make lines steadier, what tools of the trade are best, and I’ve gotten faster at drawing in general! Thank you again for your comment! :smile:

If you stick with it, you’ll amaze yourself…well said, that rings so true to me.
I once had a pretty unpleasant experience while planning a duet art show with one of my Instagram friend artists. Eventually I decided to break off relations with this person. At that time, I was working on a ballpoint pen drawing titled “reaching for trust”, and when I looked at the completed work, I really felt that I saved myself from that unpleasant experience by proving myself that way. The artwork seemed to show how far I have come on my artistic journey despite all the trouble and unpleasant stuff I had to go through for the recent years. After all, it is your artwork itself who can truly tell you how well you have done. Congratulations on your improvement, and thank you for your thoughtful post. :wink: :+1: :cat:

2 Likes

Thank you for your thoughtful comment @Maki ! Let’s all keep up the awesome work! :smile:

2 Likes

Good job @TheMustardSeedLife !!! Great improvments! Such a cool chatacter!

1 Like

Thank you @wren07 ! I will clarify that she’s not MY character :sweat_smile:

Youre welcome @TheMustardSeedLife. :joy::joy::joy: My bad, im not exactly sonic fan but its still great!:blush:

1 Like

Amazing that the drawing improved so much, but yet us recognizable as the same character only a better version. Great work!

1 Like

Thank you @lenetg137 ! The art journey really is an amazing one! :smile:

Wow - your digital art is looking quite amazing!

1 Like

Thank you @junenez And I’m still continuing to learn, but that makes it fun! :smile: