17 yr old dog “Teddy” beggining drawing in soft pastels

Here’s a portrait of an elder pet that I love. It’s in the early stages. Just wanted to share the progress. Also drew another graphite eye :eye:. The eye is on bristol vellum with lumograph black graphite ( the not shiny kind). I think the vellum makes the graphite a little harder to blend than the smooth paper.
With the dog I’m using carbothello, pitt pastels, cretacolor, and I got a small set of Caran d’ache pastel pencils. They are vibrant in colors, however, I found that they are scratchy. They seem to be grainy at some random points which can scratch the pastelmat some. I sanded the scratchy bits off every time I used a pencil but it is wasteful, especially considering the price. I think in the future I’ll just get a replacement open stock pencil at a time if ever need one.

3 Likes

Hi Sonia @Meme5 I’ve gotta say your skill level is soaring to great heights. These drawings are both most impressive. It’s so fun to see what you’ve done.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Sonia @Meme5 , I fully agree with Terri. These are great.

Lenet

1 Like

Sonia,

Beautiful! The fur is so well done.

June

1 Like

Wow! both of these are great. Love them.

1 Like

Love the dog! But that eye is wonderful. The “wet” parts are perfect.
Thanks for sharing.
Patricia.

1 Like

Thank you all for your nice kind feedback. I’m still working on the dog. Made some progress but it will be a small segments of time process.

Sonia

1 Like