A garden rose in coloured pencil

Sonya,

This is beautiful! I find working on black paper when handled properly really cause an image to pop! You have done that here. And yes, almost every flower has so many colors iin them if you look closely.

As Matt always says, value is important, and I think some of the colors hide in the values. Well, this is just a thought of mine as I continue to learn the importance of value.

Again, Beautiful!

Teri

Thank you Teri,

So glad you like the piece….I will definitely do another on black…perhaps a couple of dancers this time and try to get the illusion of movement in the work.

Janet

Really well done ,the deep shadows and the highlights on the tips of the flowers create a definite sense of depth. Great detail and an interesting choice of colors . A pleasure to view your work. tom

Thanks Tom,

So many positive comments on the rose…it’s actually a good size (A2) which allowed so much colour experimentation.

Janet

I love the luminescence of the flower. You have truly captured a special quality of light!

Thank you…I always think you produce better quality work when you are doing it for someone special and it was for my baby granddaughter :heart:.

really nice >so funny ,i was thinking the same thing about my unused color prismacolor.
I love what you did with the colors now i don’t have to suffer figuring out what to draw this rainy morning. Anything goes in art tom

2 Likes

Beautiful, love the colors and the textured look.