Rose - Colored Pencil

I did this rose today. 5"×7" black Canson Mi Teintes (smooth side) with Caran D’Ache Luminance.

Have I stated how much I love these pencils!.

Knocked this one out in 4 hours. I feel like my speed is picked up some. My confidence really has.

Lenet

5 Likes

I love this Lenet. You really captured the shape, the layers, and the delicate nature of the rose. Thanks for sharing it.

Brenda

Thank you, @Brenda. I tried to capture it.

Lenet, you did a great job! Your confidence shows on your rose. You captured the highlights and shadows really good.

Sonia

Thank you, Sonia @Meme5 . I’m having fun. I have been trying to draw something every day. I didn’t have much time yesterday to draw. I pulled up my Sketchbook app on my phone and did 5 or six quick blind contour line drawings. But even that exercise satisfied my urge to drawing something everyday. I know it is not always possible, but it is helping.

2 Likes

Lenet, thanks for the reminder that if there is little time left at the end of the day at least put pencil to paper & practice some exercises.
Wonderful piece.
Jim

2 Likes

What a beautiful rose. And on the black paper if pops! Thanks for inspiration

June

1 Like

Thanks, @junenez . It doesn’t match the referece in color, but Iwent my own direction to push the colors some and try to keep harmony. For instance the darks used a dark blueish green over the red orange color. I felt the compliment would work better than creating a different dark, such as a Gray added to the color palette. It worked immediately as I applied the color I felt to be as close as possible to true compliments.

1 Like

This is just lovely. Very Beautiful

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Denise .