Bear on tree in colored pencil

This bear is done with colored pencil on Pastelmat. The reference is wildlife reference for artist. I am learning to do more backgrounds.

18 Likes

@Lizwetmore, the texture detail is stunning! The bark, the fur, even the background! Very impressive, keep up the great work! Jesus loves you!!!

2 Likes

Excellent job. Love it.

1 Like

I really like the way you handle the sense of depth by removing almost all details from the background. This has given me some inspiration for my next colored pencil piece.

2 Likes

Excellent job :sparkling_heart: really great job on the tree too

1 Like

Very nice, I like it a lot! I seem to be attracted to bears and crows in art. I like this one and the entire composition. I am planning on a steatite sculpture of a bear (doesn’t everyone do one?) and plan to start in June. I have the tools and the stone (about 150 US pounds) and think it should wind up weighing about 100 lbs. Maybe about 12 inch tall by 8-10 wide and 16 inch long. If it turns out half as good as this bear, I will be happy.

1 Like

Sounds awesome hope you share it when finished

Great facial expression! And the bark on the tree has a lot of depth. Thanks for sharing!

I adore your style and have to agree with others: the bark and fur are just amazingly done. Beautiful work!