Graphite Grizzle Bear still life

help me to improve this please

1 Like

Jim, Great concept and “in the moment” idea of this bear’s life. I’ve found that spending more time on the details of things life fallen trees & logs would ramp up the excitement of this type of drawing. Otherwise, I love it!
Jack

1 Like

Basically it looks fine, but I agree with Cojax73 in that you do need to spend more time with this drawing. The first thing I noticed was the abrupt end to the grass over the bears back. Slant gradually to the water letting it continue out the left side of picture as water does. Also, A couple of bulrushes would let the view know that this is water and not a long fallen log. The tree trunk the bear is looking at could benefit from being higher along its full length. Try and halve the distance from the bears mouth to it, and the same again along the bottom. This will give you much more space to add the bark detail needed. If this is from one of Matts modules perhaps you can find detail there to copy. If not then search for photographs of tree trunks to get your information. Hope that helps.

1 Like