Cats in pastel after first lessonn

After first lesson I tried my daughters cat

6 Likes

That is after your First Lesson?

Woww I’m blown away with your accuracy and skill AZ.

I’m also a little curious about the differences between the two. did you redraw the same cat, same pose two times? are they both done with the same pastels and the same technique?

I think the image at the left was shows more value a slightly better form and more accurate facial features; yet the image on the right does a very convincing job of suggesting fur and I really like the way vibrant colors have been blended in.

congrats and well done!

Thank you so much for your comments and compliment. The cat at the left is a picture.
I tried pastel several times, more landscapes, but now with Corona I have the time and the medium seems to like me just as I Ikea pastel. I am going to look for your work. All the best, Albertine

1 Like

That is sooo very good. Loveit👍🏻

Gr8 work first time…

Thank you, it helps me to get some confidence

Thank you so much, I will try to fint you work

Yes, as someone else said…Wow! Your first time!

Beautiful. I might try to draw my “Tuxedo” cat … he looks like he has tails and a top hat on. I’m not sure I would have this much patience to draw the fur on him. Very good shadowing.

Did you use soft or hard pastels or pastel pencils? It looks so much like your subject picture. Are you going to give it to her?

Hi Lenora,
I used a few strokes with soft pastels for undertones, most was done with pastel pencils.,with a colorful greeting, Albertine

I love working with all pastels. I use soft, hard, and oil pastels. I will have to look at the pencil pastels.