Done? Stippling opinion on cow

cow-634283__480

I would love help/opinion on this stippling I am trying. Friends and family have told me they think it looks good as is. But I think I should forge ahead to get more darks and contrast? But then again I might ruined it - but it is only paper! Opinion?

Here is the latest. I think I am satisfied

and done!

6 Likes

Forge ahead, June! I’m loving it, and I think we’ll only love it more with darker darks. :grin: I love that reference photo!

Brenda

1 Like

ahh thanks Brenda - your encouragement means alot!

1 Like

Yes keep going. It is looking really good so far. Look forward to the finished result.

1 Like

June,

Keep going, darker darks and some light stippling in the white areas may be nice, either way. Looking really good!!

Teri

1 Like

I love where this is going. You’ve already done a great job on this. I agree with the others. I would keep going. Perhaps, you could make a photocopy and a few practice runs on the copy before you tackle the original. That would give you a better opinion on where to place the rest of the stippling.
Patricia

Nice work so far. Yes, keep going

1 Like

and done!
[/quote]
I think I will call this done. I am pleased with how it turned out. somethings I would change but overall happy
I

3 Likes

I LOVE this, June! The cow has such an expressive face. I think you did a great job on it. When I squint my eyes and look at it, I think you have a full range of values. Good job!!

Brenda

Awesomely done June!! So glad you went with some more darks. Stippling takes some patiences for sure and its deceiving at really how hard it can be. Super job!! :grin:

Thanks Queeny107! I have discovered that I really enjoy stippling! who knew!

1 Like

Thanks Brenda! I do like my cows to have personality! They are my favorite to draw

Patricia,

This is great advice. I am glad you suggested it. I will do this on other drawings. BTW…I am still working on the blue bicycle!

Teri

June,

You have done a great job. Maybe put it aside and in a week or so look again and you may see where you want to add a dot here or there. Just a thought.

Teri

Oh! Nice. Can’t wait to see it.
Patricia.

1 Like

Teri,

haha. Maybe…but I think I am ok with how it is. moving on to the next cow!

1 Like

This is amazing, really awesome job on placing all those dots to create a cow! :smile: :clap: :cow2:

1 Like

It’s a lovely cow, I love cows!
I’ve done a lot of stippling in the past, but although I think I have quite some patience, stippling is soooooo slow. I like the look of it, but lately I’m practicing other techniques and I’m glad I did.