Another pastel cows

I just can’t help myself! I keep drawing cows - maybe I need cow therapy! I was pretty happy with these but did struggle with the distant pasture, hills and sky. Thoughts?

June

4 Likes

June,

They turned out great! Nice job. I commented elsewhere too!

Teri

1 Like

Lovely moody sky with grumpy expressions and lovely fluffy textures on their bodies…love it!

1 Like

Hi June - I’ve often thought of drawing cows too, but never had the reference that pushed me into actually doing it. I really like this drawing, especially the color and “movement” of the sky. One comment I would make it that the eyes of the cow in the foreground blend into the surrounding part of the face and are hard to see. Since eyes are a common focal point, I’d suggest you try to add some lighter areas by those eyes to better define them. It doesn’t take much.

Terri Robichon

Thanks Terri - Actually the eyes are more prominent than the reference photo and I don’t think the photo of my pastel showed that. I didn’t want to push them too far but I shall definitely give it another look! Thank you!

1 Like

June @junenez , I don’t think you need therapy. This is called practicing what you love. I have seen many of your cows and they just continually get better and better.

Lenet

I love the expressions on their faces. I like cows also.
Pete

I have multiple cow pictures if you want a couple references to ponder. There are many nice references on Pixabay, European countries.

Teri

1 Like

Hi Teri. Good to know you have some cow references. I can’t even consider doing a cow painting until after my county fair in August. I’m just working thru fair categories that I haven’t done yet.

Terri Robichon