Gettin sketchy 3-6-24 - hand with Ashley

5 Likes

That is an excellent hand Brenda! Here is mine!

4 Likes

I loved doing this one, June! It makes me want to do some more graphite pieces.

Brenda

Brenda - always soooooo impressed that you follow along, and then post here so promptly. Well Done !!!

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Congrats June on following along and sharing your work here. I just can’t keep up with you and Brenda.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

@robichon @junenez
You ladies do great following along, plus chatting!
Very impressive!

I never draw while it is live. I do spend about half the time trying to follow the chat since I know the actual lesson will be posted later. Than I can stop it from time to time, and often repeat parts of it.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thanks, Terri! June is responsible for encouraging me to try drawing along. I’m finding it easier the more I try it. However, there are times, like the bee-eater, that the one I do real time is just TOO sketchy to post here. In that case, I redid the drawing taking a little more time, because I thought the bird was beautiful.

@junenez , you always amaze me, because you follow along and post and remind me that it’s a timed drawing and not intended to be a work of art. The things I’ve learned along the way is that it is really improving my sketching abilities. thank you for the encouragement!

Brenda

2 Likes

Brenda and June,

You are so inspiring. Quick sketches help so much. I am finding that out with the project I am working on.

Great job!

Teri

1 Like

I love the way you did this. Very well done.

Fabulous job! Love it.

Hello Brenda and June @Brenda @junenez , great job on both. I weill have to do that one. I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I have been working on another project involving hands (will post shortly).

Lenet

1 Like

I took a little break today from my other project and did the Getting Sketchy hand from 3/6/24. I feel like I have some serious perspective foreshortening going on. However, I put the video on, watched and drew along, and actually did it in the 45 minutes. It was fun to just loosen up and do a quick sketch for a change. My last several projects have been focused and taken several hours each, some as many as 20-30.

Lenet

4 Likes

Lenet this looks great, and you even did it in the 45 minutes. Congratulations.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

@lenetg137
Looks great, and within the time limit!

1 Like

Great, Lenet! Isn’t it amazing how everyone can draw the same thing, but their own style and personalities result in so many variations!

Brenda

1 Like

Hello @Brenda , it is amazing. There are many surprises that pop up when we are drawing and painting. Most of us know how fix a problem (at least conceptually), but even the results come out differently. But that is what makes art interesting. I have seen many photos of the same subject taken from the same place and they look almost identical, whereas art will moreso reflect personality.

Lenet

2 Likes

love your hand and great job staying in the time limit! I love the limit cause then I have something done. haha

2 Likes

Thank you @junenez . It was a fun challenge.

Lenet