Gettin' Sketchy 0n 3/13/2024 Glasses

Here’s my drawing from Gettin’ Sketchy. It’s 5 x 7 on white watercolor paper and I used pastel instead of charcoal. I loved how Matt showed us we can make our own toned paper. Did anyone else do this one? (I liked it better as a horizontal rather than a vertical.)

Terri Robichon

PS - I’ve changed the photo from my original posting so that you can see the “tape removed” version, showing the white paper I started with. I recently got a box of Rembrandt soft pastels and was itching to use them. The background here is Rembrandt “Bluish Grey”. After applying it, I just smoothed it in with my finger. WOW, look how even that background turned out. I finished using a black “Pitt Pastel” pencil by Faber-Castell.

9 Likes

Wow! You sure captured the glasses wonderfully.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Are you going to draw them?

Terri Robichon

I’m just getting started with 25 Days to Better Drawing so maybe eventually.

1 Like

You really capturedthe realistic-ism of it. Great job.

1 Like

Terri, Is there no limit to your ability & talent? I hope not.
You are an inspiration. Thank you for being a stalwart of our community.
Jim

2 Likes

Thanks so much Jim for watching and commenting on my posts. The kind words are much appreciated.

Terri Robichon

Terri,

Those look great! I started the gettin sketchy last night but didn’t finish. I was enjoying where my drawing was going. Here is what I got done with about 13 minutes remaining

7 Likes

Hi June - Thanks so much for sharing. Again I am amazed at the great drawings you create while following-along. I finished mine after the Live Lesson.

Terri Robichon

Hi Terri,

Haha. Thanks. I only do gettin sketchy if I can draw along. I like the challenge of getting something done in 45 minutes! I have many other longer art works progress that I obsess over. So I enjoy the break and just have fun!

June

2 Likes

That’s a great approach and attitude.

Terri Robichon

I love how you can keep up with the live lesson! I do it after it’s over mostly because I get lots of interruptions when I’m trying to do any drawing.

Sonia

Here is my charcoal drawing from GS, I tried to follow along as much as possible. It’s always an enjoyable time and process for me. Fast and rewarding

5 Likes

Hi Sonia - great drawing. You really impress me with your skill and how committed you are to keep learning even more. We have so much in common and I love having you as a friend.

Terri Robichon
(for those who wonder, I always use my last name to make it easier to tell me apart from Teri (artsycrochet) and Terry, who are both members here.

1 Like

Terri,

Hello friend, Your glasses are perfect-o :ok_hand:t3:. I could’ve sworn I’d commented on your awesome glasses drawing already?
I seriously lose track of the posts I commented on or just saw and thought of making comment about.
Thank you for being so positive, but thank you more for posting your art! :framed_picture::star_struck:

Sonia

1 Like

Terri @robichon , i think for your choice of pastels, it really worked well. It looks less sketchy. Great work.

Lenet

Sonia @Meme5 , these are awsome. I haven’t tried these yet, but looked like a fun one. On my list too. List of want-to-do’s is quickly growing faster than my have completed list.

Lenet

1 Like

Hello @junenez , it is really hard to watch and draw. I commend you for a great pair of glasses.

Lenet

Hi Lenet. I think that want to do list is overly long for all of us.

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

@robichon @lenetg137 You can add me to that trend… my mental list is longer than my paper one, but will jumps all over and do other impromptu things.

2 Likes