Gettin Sketchy - in the Style of Van Gogh

This was a challenging one and I certainly made a mess compared to Ashley! But I just kept going and had fun - as always! Here is my not really van gogh inspired charcoal

sketch

11 Likes

Close enough June,

It inspires me how you do all these drawings. Sometimes I just don’t have it in me.

Teri

1 Like

Teri, me neither but I’m stubborn and do it anyways!

I find that when I am not feeling well and don’t have energy I just can’t focus. I have decided with so much else going on I am going to stick to watching this season so I can tackle other things in a timely manner.

I’ll enjoy the product of your stubbornness!!

Teri

I think this is fine. Never down yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks Denise! I accept that I have my own style and don’t worry too much about it looking like theirs. But I wish I could have not made such a mess! Haha

June,

If I push myself to much, then I can have herxing and am unable to do anything else. I have to ration my energy - haha! Some days there is none sometimes it is in the negative.

Teri

2 Likes

Teri - that makes sense! We all have our way of “surviving”

Hey June!! I got it done, but not without almost wadding it up and tossing it, because I kept smearing my charcoal! LOL!!! Also, my paper had some really weird tooth on it. It was a piece left over from something, and it may have been Ingres paper. Either way, it’s done, and I’m ok with how it came out. It’s darker than Ashley’s and yours, because I think my paper was a darker gray.

Anyway, here it is!!!

2 Likes

Brenda,

This turned out great!! Nice job!

Teri

1 Like

Thanks so much, Teri. It’s nice to start and finish something in less than an hour.

Brenda

Brenda,
Turned out great!

June and Brenda - You both impress me. You are so consistent about accepting the Gettin’ Sketchy time challenge and I applaud you both. And not only do you play along with Matt and Ashley, but you also both post what you’ve created, and it is AMAZING. Keep it up my friends.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Wow! You did such great job! It gets triple better points since you went along with lesson! Me? I can’t :hot_face: