Charcoal getting sketchy 2/7

I struggled with this! Started with paper with too much tooth so switched to a smoother paper. Here are my attempts! I had fun as always. Love Wednesday night.

3 Likes

Awesome drawings! Here is mine

Beth (OriNebula)

1 Like

Hi June - WOW, what a difference the paper makes. That second drawing is very nicely done. I have to do this one, but I have no idea when. I only tuned into the last 15 minutes of Gettin’ Sketchy.

Terri Robichon

Hi Beth - Nice seeing you post in the forum. I’m always impressed by those of you who can do the sketch along with Gettin’ Sketchy. Well done. I’ll post mine when I get a chance, but I know it will be awhile.

Hope you keep participating here.

Terri Robichon

Beth,

that looks amazing! I had so much fun getting messy and erasing charcoal!

June

Hi Terri,

Thanks! Yes - I realized about 10 minutes in that my paper had way too much tooth! I still could not get my whites as bright as Matt’s but much happier with my second choice of paper.

Hope to see yours soon!

June

1 Like

Very well done. Great job.

1 Like

Great job everyone! I will defo be giving this a go. added to my very long list I loved the look of the final result.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s why I draw along because if I don’t, I end up never getting back to them. So many projects want to do and not enough time!

2 Likes

Hello @junenez & @OriNebula , great work on your charcoal drawings. I got home late and did not give this one a go, but may in the future. I’m really enjoying this series of getting sketchy. Need to catch up on all of them.

Lenet

Hi everyone!
After not really daring to try any of the getting sketchy subjects myself, this charcoal one piqued my interest and I gave it a shot.
Like junenez, I first picked a too rough paper and drew the motive a second time on a much smoother one.
I really enjoyed the experience - hadn’t done anything in charcoal before (or much of any drawing at all).

2 Likes

Hello @ChrisKoe , the drawing came out well. The different rougher paper definitely gives the drawing a different feel. It is amazing how you were able to handel the smaller details such as people on the rougher texture.

Lenet

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing. The texture is interesting. I like it.

Terri Robichon

Hello everyone,

All of your artwork looks great! I hope to get back into drawing along with getting sketchy again soon. Will see when!

you are all so inspiring!

Teri