Cafe Terrace- Getting Sketchy

Today I woke up with the plan to go through some Getting Sketchy episodes and complete some which I let get by me because they intimidated me or maybe didn’t appeal to me (I should know better- those are the ones I get the most out of when I finally complete them!) I did the biplane and then took a deep breath and started Cafe Terrace with Ashley drawing. I had to swerve with the colors and made one bad choice but I clenched my fist on those markers and just kept going! I am feeling invigorated and so pleased with my little sketch. Just sharing here so I don’t annoy my poor family with every drawing like a kid bringing their creations home for the fridge door! Peace and Love- Lisa.

6 Likes

Hi Lisa @HarleysMom
This is nice and I’m glad you shared it. Markers is another media I have never used - someday maybe. You did well and I like the colors.

Terri Robichon

I attempt to do whatever Matt and Ashley teach- I have not done scratchboard though. I struggle with pastels, my pieces look so rudimentary - but I’m getting better. As always, thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated. Did you do the line and wash from the next to last week of this season?

2 Likes

Hi Lisa -

I have not done the Line and Wash from the recent Gettin Sketchy yet. Maybe in the future. I am working on the Line and Wash in the current Live Lesson series.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

This is very Beautiful. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words.

Hi Lisa @HarleysMom , i think this has some real character that came through clearly and vibrantly.

Lenet

1 Like

Thank you so much! I find myself looking at it frequently in my sketchbook- it’s so outside what I usually do- good stretching of the art muscles!

1 Like