Andy Warhol - Gettin Sketchy 8/9/23

This was a fun one! I don’t have pocsa markers so I used copic and tombow. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else did!

5 Likes

I really enjoyed it too! I did it with my limited set of Prismacolor Premium Art Markers (set of 12 colours).

3 Likes

This one was fun, looking forward to more of these!

4 Likes

Wow, all these are great. It was a fun lesson though I only watched it. Will have to try later, I do not have markers either, just some watercolor markers. May try those.

Teri

This is great. Very well done.

Yes, that was a fun one. I haven’t done it yet, but I enjoyed watching Matt. I think I want to try it. You all did great!

OMG! I loved doing this!!! I used POSCA markers on marker board. It worked great! Very little “pilling” with that surface.

The pink is a little neon, but when I finished, I decided I love it!!

3 Likes

I love this June!!! So fun!

Brenda

Great job, Teresa!!! I just finished mine. It was so much fun!

Brenda

He looks excellent Brenda! I hope the rest of this season is as fun!

1 Like

Thank you, Teresa. I’m really excited about this season!!!

Brenda

I really liked the theme for the new season of gettin’ sketchy and this first project. I had to order the markers and they just arrived. I’ll post my drawing when I get it done.

You all really keep me going when you post your work here. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Terri! I hope you enjoy doing this one as much as I did. Definitely outside my box!

Brenda

Hi Brenda.
The style is outside my box too, but that is why I like gettin’ sketchy and The Virtual Instructor. It encourages me to give new and different things a try. I haven’t looked at the colors of my markers yet. Sure hope I ordered the right set.

1 Like

I borrowed the “wrong” pink from my granddaughter, but I used what I had and actually liked it. :star_struck: have fun with it!!

Brenda

1 Like

Everyone’s rendering is amazing.

I’m just watching this season, to many other things going on these days. I really enjoying seeing everyone’s artwork. I’ll just cheer you all on!

Teri

3 Likes

I finally got around to trying the Andy Warhol project. Just for the fun of it I picked another photo of Andy to see if I could apply what we learned at Gettin’ Sketchy. As you’ll see, the 8 marker set of POSCA that I ordered are much more intense than the colors the Matt used. I really don’t like how mine turned out, and I don’t think I’ll be using these POSCA again, except maybe the black and white for use with acrylic paints. No big deal, it’s just paper and markers. I guess we can’t love everything.

Terri Robichon

3 Likes

Well, Terri, I really do like it! I love that you chose a different photo to work from, too. :slight_smile:

Brenda

Hello Terri,

This turned out great. I really like the added pieces of intrigue in it. I would try but don’t have the markers, so I am just enjoying everyone else’s projects.

Teri

1 Like