Getting sketchy 2/14 tape

Here is mine. Anyone else do? I am not at home and only had 3 gray markers but decided to try this morning. Did it along with Ashley.

5 Likes

I did not watch the episode yesterday, so I do not know how many markers Ashley used but if you only had three, I would say your sketch was a success.
Jim

Hello June @junenez , I think you did great with the resources you had. I watched the replay late last night. Ashley showed how complex this subject realy is, even if it doesn’t look like it at first glance.

Lenet

Hi June - thanks for posting. You did a good job with only 3 markers. I think a lot of us missed Gettin’ Sketchy since it comes at dinner time and was on Valentine’s Day. I think I’m going to skip this one.

Terri Robichon

I’ll join you with this one this weekend. Good job on making it look transparent, and with only three markers.

Brenda

Very well done. I like the contrast

Nice job! I watched part of the lesson, which looks seems more challenging than Ashley makes it look; I was not at home at the moment. :slightly_frowning_face:
I might try it at some point. But still have that rose to tackle in water mixable oil.

OK. Here’s mine! Not my proudest moment. LOL!!! But it was fun trying to get the transparency. I kept losing some of the curves.

And June, I didn’t manage to do the real-time drawing. I kept having to stop the video and restart. I don’t know how long it took me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic job! Captured the transparency really good!

1 Like

Thanks Sonia!!

Brenda

1 Like

Brenda,

Wow! You did a great job! hahah at not sticking to “real” time. You know I always do! I like the excuse of that’s why it is “sketchy” and so not perfect!!!

June

2 Likes

LOL, June! Conversely, I have no excuse! Maybe your approach is the best. :slight_smile:

I thought it was a fun drawing.

Brenda

1 Like

My take on the Tape from Gettin’ Sketchy. I went along with Ashley some then blended background in the end because my darker grey was warmer and the lighter ones were cool grey. Used marker paper and Ohu hu markers. Also used a jelly roll pen for highlights. Also number 2, the marker paper made my picture reversible lol

4 Likes

Brenda and Sonia. Congratulations on your great drawings. Thanks for sharing your results. So fun to see.

Terri Robichon