Green bird from live lesson

6 Likes

This is very well done. Love it.

Hi Rosann. I’m not sure if I’ve seen any posts from you before, but I want to extend a warm welcome to you here at the forum. This is interesting because you must have extended your painting after removing your taped edges. I like it. I also like how well you paid attention to the details, particularly of the eye and bill. Hope to see more posts from you in the coming weeks.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thanks been trying different media first time trying watercolour pencils

1 Like

Thanks will be posting more

1 Like

First, I love how you did the red background with a margin but the bird and branch extend out from it! :100: Second, really amazing details on the bird’s feathers! :clap: :feather: :smile:

Hi all
I’ve just rejoined and I thought I would also post my green bird which I did back in 2022 but never posted. I enjoyed painting it so much, and I had it on my wall at work to inspire me until I retired in July 2023 :grinning:
Cheers Cathy

4 Likes

Love this piece! The eye reflection is done very nicely, and the bird is so crisp against the red background! Well done! :smile: :clap:

Thank you kindly @TheMustardSeedLife for your encouraging feedback :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Cathy - Welcome back to The Virtual Instructor. I love the clean intense colors in your bird painting and the textures of the branch and birds bill are delightful. Hope to see you posting more of your “new” artwork here.

Terri Robichon

Thanks so much Terri, I certainly plan on doing so :blush:

1 Like