Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello Steve. Patricia, a fellow Canadian here. I love how you introduced yourself and I feel that you stole all the words I would have put down about Virtual Instructor. You did great with the 2 drawings you posted. I was just like you - always wishing that I could draw and always thinking that I couldn’t… Then, in 2017, I decided to retire early and found The Virtual Instructor. I have learned a lot, although I am not as dedicated as I need to be. Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing some of your art in the future.

3 Likes

Fellow Canadian here too Steve! Welcome! Your drawings are really nice! I decided to go full steam ahead with my art in January. I’ve been drawing here and there, painting for about 7 years, but I’m at a point where I’m getting serious with it. This is a great site!

Hello, my name is Jack. I live in Orangevale, California. Since retiring, I have immersed myself in getting back into art once again. I love to draw and produce artwork. Tried tiles and ceramics as well as sculpture. I enjoy it but nothing satisfied quite like putting together something on paper or canvas. I appreciate constructive criticism because there is always room to improve. I have appreciated everyone’s input here. Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

HI All, not new here but new to the forum. My name is Cheri, I have been drawing over 50 years and just getting into colored pencil when I injured my hand. So still trying to chug on. I work in graphite, charcoal, acrylic and colored pencil.

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Holly. I am a elementary music teacher. I teach violin, viola, cello, and bass to young kids. I really enjoy drawing and oil painting. I love this website! I have taken advantage of a lot of the free drawing lessons and learned so much already. I am attaching a picture of my first oil painting. I keep it in my living room! Looking forward to learning many things! Thank you!
Holly

7 Likes

Hi all, I’m Greg. I’ve only recently started to try my hand at art. Enjoying it very much at the moment. With the help of this site I hope to stick with it. Using acrylics and pencils. Some of my work is rubbish but I surprise myself sometimes. That’s a good feeling when that happens.

2 Likes

Hi. Since being in lockdown I thought it might be a good time to take some drawing lessons. I had started a class, but only got to class #2 and then everything shut down. Hope to learn/improve my drawing.

1 Like

Hi my name is wayne i am 75 years of age and wanted to find a good hobby.i have found virtual instructor and love it…i live in canberra australia and now i have something to do every day…i think Mat this will put many more interesting years ahead of me…cheers to all…

3 Likes

Hi Janice. Welcome aboard. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I have been able to improve a lot since starting with Virtual Instructor in 2018. Matt is a great teacher.

Sorry I missed this…It’s very nice, Estelle

Hi My name is Gail and I have been with The Virtual Instructor for years. I am located in Ontario Canada and like working with graphite and soft pastels.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Could you tell me how I post a picture that I’ve recently drawn.

Hi
My name is Gail and I live in southern Ontario. I like doing most forms of art but I am especially fond of working in soft pastels.

Hi!

1.  From the Forum page, click on Share your art

2.  Click on New Topic (on the right side of the page)

3.  Add a subject or title to your message.

4.  Add you text describing your artwork, if desired.

5.  Click on the upload icon ![image001.png|46x40](upload://z1N1uq22X1bCKgZMmor6lcisANw.png)

6.  That will open the following dialogue box:

image004.jpg

1.  Click on Choose Files

2.  That will open your File navigator. (Here is an example)

image006.jpg

1.  Go to the folder where you keep your art and select the file (for example I selected the 4<sup>th</sup> image on the top row)

2. Click Open

3. vIt will load the name of your file in the Dialogue box

4. Click on Upload.

5. Depending on the weight (size) of your image, it might take a few seconds

6. When it is ready, it should look something like the following:

1. Click on Create topic and it will load all of it onto the Forum.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone. My name is Susan. I am trying to get back my skills. Right now I’m sketching with pencils mostly. But, I used to do pen and ink with pastels and I’ve recently purchased a new watercolor marker set. I’m just interested in everything. I can’t wait to see what you all do. Here is my latest still life.

1 Like

Hello all, My name Is Gavin, .I live in Northeast NJ. Over the last year I have been taking the 25 days to better drawing, even if my pace was 365 to Better to Drawing, and just finished up. This is my first foray into learning any kind of art and I love it.

1 Like

I’m an empty nester. Taught art as a volunteer in a public school system for a couple years. Used to do murals, paintings. Then moved to an area that had a not so great school system, and decided to homeschool. So taught my children, ran our farm, had little time until now to pick up my brushes again. My inspiration to do so is my first grandchild’s nursery. My daughter ask me to paint something. So here I am refreshing my memory and expanding the horizon.

1 Like

Hi! My User name is Biddy. This is my first picture in the “25 Days to Better Drawing” Course. I have drawn for almost 20 years, but have never received any tuition - which is why I have joined “The Virtual Instructor.” As an introduction to this course we are given 1 hour to draw a Paint tube. At the end of the course we are to look back at this first drawing to gage our improvements. It took me this long to get this far! Another drawing tomorrow.

2 Likes

Nice one Susan! I have just started the “25 Days to Better Drawing” course, 23rd April 2020. Maybe will catch up with you there if I am quick enough!

Hi Wayne! I am from Adelaide, Australia. My name is Bridget and I am nearly 80. I have been at the drawing and painting for 20 years. but just joined “Virtual Instructor” because I love learning. I am doing the “25 Days to Better Drawing”, as I have never had professional tutoring in this area of art.