Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello Everyone! I’m Matt, the owner, operator, and artist behind TheVirtualInstructor.com. Welcome to the forum!

This new forum replaces the old one we had in place and it’s back because so many of you requested it and I’m excited to have it back in place!

Take a moment and introduce yourself below within this thread. Tell us a little about yourself and what kind of art you like to make.

To post, make sure you are logged in to the forum (this is separate from your membership account, if you have one) and click the reply button. Then type your message.

16 Likes

Hello Friends! My name is Eugenia Hauss. Drawing with ink liners is my main passion and the favorite way to express ideas. Also, I develop other directions - for example, graphite, colored and watercolor pencils. Every medium is a whole world of possibilities!

Chances are that you came across some articles created by me here on The Virtual Instructor :slight_smile: I’m happy and honored that I can share my knowledge and experience with you.

9 Likes

Hey, I’m Ashley Hurst. I’m a contributing artist here at The Virtual Instructor. Writing blog posts about art gives me a chance to use all sorts of materials, which I love, but I prefer Oil Painting and Relief Print-making when creating my own art. I became an artist because I loved coloring as a kid. Of course, things have gotten more complicated over the years.

I’m glad to see the forum return and look forward to making connections.

8 Likes

Hi Forum, I am a newbie in all respects here. I am looking to rebuild my interest and focus on my technical and creative drawing skills. Being part of this forum will hopefully inspire me and spur me on.

6 Likes

Hi there juxtaposed! Welcome to the new forum! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name is Patricia Pulinckx. When I retired, I decided to take some art classes. Luckily, I found Virtual Instructor! I have been a member since September 2017. I had zero art training when I started. Thanks to Matt’s excellent approach, I am able to accomplish a lot more than I would have thought possible. I am a bit of an eclectic personality, so I enjoy trying everything! At this point, I prefer graphite and pastels, but I am looking forward to working with watercolor and acrylics.

10 Likes

Hi Matt, I have been a part of your community for two years now. I love everything about art. I have been involved for about 2 1/2 years. That’s when I started painting. I have learned a lot from you and an ready to learn more. I love watercolor and acrylics. Still learning more about watercolor and I need a lot of practice.

7 Likes

Hi guys, I’m JD. I’m very glad to see the forum return. Not only do I get to have my work critiqued by my peers, I get to be inspired by their work as well. I’m pretty much focused on four mediums at the moment - pen & ink, graphite, watercolor and colored pencil with a little dabbling in gouache which I suppose falls in with the watercolor. Hope to see a lot of submissions in the near future.

6 Likes

My name is Denise Davis. I have been with Matt’s site since 2013 and find it fascinating. I learned so much. I Love the way he teaches.

I love doing abstract artwork, but I plan on experimenting with other ways to do art as well.

I studied Textile designing, so I love to do patterns also.

7 Likes

I love this Forum Matt. I have been with you since 2013 and I have seen so many new things in your site. It is wonderful.

4 Likes

Hi all
I am an amateur artist living in the UK who, having had far too many years away from art after 6th form college, rediscovered it about two years ago. Since that time I have concentrated on portraiture, mainly in pencil. Recently I have started using oil paints and it is my goal to learn the classical painting methods.
I have been on the Virtual Instructor site for a few months now and I am very impressed by it. There is a simplicity to the videos which makes them great to learn from in stages as you progress and the variety for all is brilliant. I think the hardest thing is being disciplined enough in your approach to using them all to glean the benefit. Certainly for me anyway! I want to watch them all and work through them all NOW, so I need to work out what courses to work through first and actually apply the lessons, as opposed to just watching them all with no practical for example. The members minute piece is brilliant! To have a structured 20minute feedback on a piece of your work is such a help and there aren’t many forms of learning that can provide that level of detail to an individual!

Look forward to seeing people’s art work on here!
Cheers James

6 Likes

Wow! I’m so glad to see a new forum! Thanks, Matt, for providing this.

My name is Ginny and I like all art, but I find I have to limit myself. I can’t own all the art supplies, and I don’t have all the time, and I can’t do all the art. LOL! I have had an artistic bent all my life, but it wasn’t until just a few years ago that I got the courage to try to actually become an artist and call myself an artist. It was difficult actually using that word for myself. It’s weird…

I have had the privilege of being a member of The Virtual Instructor since March 2017. I started with the fundamentals and the elements. I did the drawing course and then the portrait course. I was shocked at how quickly I improved. Matt provided the teaching and information that I needed and it helped so much. I am now working mostly in pastels and trying to learn oils with occasional forays into abstracts/non-objective pieces in acrylic.

I hope we can get an active community going here. Thanks, again, Matt, for providing this forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I love your work. Thanks for the articles that you contribute.

2 Likes

Hello, Ashley. I have enjoyed your articles, especially the print-making and the history. I did a lot of coloring, too. I still do! LOL!

1 Like

Hi all, My name is Toni and I live in the US Southeast. I am currently in love with colored pencils, soft pastels and oil pastels. I love this site and Matt’s teaching style. I look forward to meeting other fellow artist in the community! Peace.

3 Likes

Thank you, Ginny! Glad to see you here :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, my name is Estelle and I live in Cairns Australia. I have been with Matt for 2 years. I teach art to adults and children at my church once a week.
I would like to share a colored pencil and gouache drawing with you that I am entering in the local show this month. FullSizeRender

12 Likes

hi Matt ,my name is diana i have been a member for a long time i love the live lessons and all the cores I have improved my art and just enjoy all the cores. hope to see every one at the live lessons each week I am quite so you won’t here to much from me but i am there.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Stephanie but feel free to call me Steph. I am thrilled to be here with other artists. I always enjoyed drawing but I have never taken an art class as an adult and the few techniques I have learned are from learning to draw books. At times I get discouraged because there’s no feedback and can’t ask questions when you’re learning on your own.
I am looking forward to learning better drawing techniques including using other art mediums, sharing and encouraging other as we become better artists.

2 Likes