Line and Wash Windmill Landscape

Line and Wash Windmill
This is my first tutorial I tried from the Line and Wash Series. I feel it turned out with a little too much green, otherwise I am happy with my first attempt. I would love some CC as I really enjoy the look of Line and Wash. I used Ink and a brush, Arches watercolor paper and Winsor and Newton paint.

10 Likes

Not too much green. It is very beautiful. Of course, green is one of my thousand favorite colors. LOL!

1 Like

This is so lovely! I hope to do the Line and Wash Series eventually. This encourages me to do so. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Great job. I am interested in trying this someday. Thanks for sharing. It helps motivate me to try different mediums.

that turned out awesome! It has a very peaceful feel

1 Like

This is beautiful! Your trees are spot on! I love line and wash. Sorry no criticism here. :smiley:

I think this is fantastic!. As far as the green goes. Maybe a little more variety of the green. Otherwise. I love this.

I love this! Beautifully done.

1 Like

Thank you! I enjoy doing a variety of mediums, especially line and wash and Matt makes it easy to learn.

Yes I needed a little more yellow ochre to change up the greens. Thank you!

Thank you so much. You’re encouraging me!

This is such a breathtaking landscape! I love it! Keep it up! :smiley:

Thats very kind of you to say about my watercolor. It is one of Matt’s Line Nd Wash tutorials.

1 Like

I love line and wash also. This is really very nice. Great job!

1 Like

I think you did a great job! I may be the photograph on the forum, but to me there isn’t too much green… perhaps some of the greens are a little too yellow and that’s why you see to much green, if that makes any sense? In the end, it really doesn’t matter because it turned out beautiful.
Patricia.

1 Like

You know I like to add Gamboge to Sap green to get a really cool light yellow ish green. Then I also like to add small amount of Paynes Gray to Sap to get a dark almost evergreen color. I’m just learning myself. Just started sketching in Feb of this year. Them moved to line and wash in April. So relaxing! My husband has been painting for over 10 yrs. Started in Acrylics but now does oil. Amazing! I think the main thing is to have fun!

1 Like

Amazing. I have so much to learn

1 Like