Orca’s At Play in colored pencil

11 Likes

Beautiful logan!

I LOVE the way you have isolated the whales and there is an almost marker like quality to the picture- no visible pencils strokes or anything.

out of curiosity, how big is this picture?

I would say perhaps you can even fill in a little more of it- though its certainly is striking and awesome as it is.

Love it. Will you be keeping it this size or cropping it to minimize the amount of blank space at the bottom? Perhaps more of a square picture as opposed to rectangular.
The pencil work is beautiful and the tummy shadows really accent the roundness. I have only just begun working with colored pencils and this (IMHO) is a great example of how versatile this medium is. Beautiful and thank you for sharing. I enjoy seeing the work of other artists.

No, I plan on keep the bottom space blank. Thank you for your compliments. :slightly_smiling_face:

The paper size is 14X17. Thank you for your kind remarks. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought it was drawn with ink or a marker until I read it–you do exceptional work with colored pencils. Killer whales are beautiful and you captured that beauty.

2 Likes

Excellent work! This would look great on anyone’s wall. Keep up the good work!
Jack

1 Like

I love this! The water splashes look really good. How long did it take you to do? I am new to colored pencils and was wondering how long this took.
Liz