Prismacolor premier Lilac

Found Lilac PC 956 which is discontinued. Found 6 Lilac pencils, bought them all. Getting one at a time in the mail, days apart. First one arrived today :blush:
It is actually very different from lavender (now orchid) and from Greyed Lavender

1 Like

Wow! Nice find, @Meme5 ! :sunglasses: :pencil2:

1 Like

Well, out of the 6 lilac pencils I โ€œfoundโ€, 5 have arrived and only one is Lilac, the other 4 are Amethyst PC 1104, very similar to Lilac but cannot find Amethyst PC 1104 on my swatch for 150 premier Prismacolor. Iโ€™m done with Lilac or Lavender hunting. Maybe my free pdf internet color swatch is super outdated, so many theories sigh sigh sigh.
UPS delivered one single Amethyst pencil in a big plastic envelope. Goodness gracious!!

1 Like

Out of the 6 Lilac PC 956 prismacolor premier pencils for $1.83 ea I ordered online, I got 5 Amethyst PC 1104 an only one Lilac today I got my 6th pencil through UPS in a humongous plastic envelope. On the one hand, Iโ€™m sorry for the waste of trips and packaging on such small items, on the other hand, Iโ€™m blinking hard thinking why on earth it said 6 Lilac available? Was I being greedy, stubborn? Perhaps. Did I know Amethyst existed? No
Was it worth it? Maybe. At least I own one Lilac.
Now Iโ€™m really done with the color matching to perfection and focusing on values more!
Thank you Matt for reinforcing that in your lessons. Lesson learned.
The Pea-oh-ny has become a tool for mastering some skills necessary for art for sure! :hot_face:

1 Like