Sissy -- Portrait No. 3

8x10 graphite and white charcoal on Canson Mi-tientes paper. This was the hardest one. My angst is a joy killer and sometimes it can be an art destroyer. LOL! But, I chugged along…

7 Likes

Beautiful portrait. Cheerful, sweet lovely child. And don’t be too hard on your self. Good result comes with some pain, but isn’t it worth it?
Lovely work, really. Cheers up the viewers :slight_smile:

1 Like

How adorable her pose is. This is just beautiful. Great job.

1 Like

What a beautiful little face and what a charming portrait. I love the smoothness of her shirt and lips. Very nicely done!

1 Like

Thanks, Natasha. While I am in the throes of the art, I wonder if it is worth it, but when it is over and I spend some time away, I usually can say yes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you, Denise. :grinning:

Thank you, Christine. I do worry about getting the personality. I think I got hers.

This is beautiful. What a lovely girl. What a head of hair! Lots of curls, you did a great job!

1 Like

Thanks, Lori. Unfortunately, I didn’t get good photos to do the portraits from, but I managed to make portraits that my client loves. The photos were with flash and rather fuzzy. That seems to be what most people want portraits from: old snapshots from way back when. LOL! I understand, but it makes it a little difficult.

Wow! Beautiful work!
There are so many things I see in this image that you have captured so well. Starting with the wrinkles in her shirt to the roundness of her cheeks and chin to the light in her eyes. Nicely done!
Debbie

1 Like

Beautiful, well done. The pose represents a funny loving secure individual

1 Like

Thanks, Debbie. I appreciate your comments.

Thank you, Frankie. She is actually a very sweet girl. :slightly_smiling_face:

Very cunning looking indeed!