Snow Leopard in Pastel pencils

My first pastel drawing of the year 2023. With thanks to Gillian Merritt for her lovely photo reference of a snow leopard. A4 size on Clairefontaine light grey pastelmat using a selection of pastel pencils. Deb

13 Likes

WoW that is Beautiful Great Job.
Dead on Eyes :+1:

1 Like

I have always thought as the cliché goes the eyes are windows to the soul. There is so much soul here. Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much. Deb

Thankyou, I think if you can capture the eyes you
are halfway there. Deb

Can I just–WOW–this leopard looks AWESOME! Not only that, can I just go to say the background? It’s blurred, yet complements the leopard well, while also looking great? Then the fine line on the leopard fur plus the whiskers?! Well done! :clap: :smile:

2 Likes

Thankyou, the blurred background is achieved by the depth of field on the camera by the photographer. I’ve just done my bit by using pastels to create my drawing.

1 Like

That’s photo real with the great bokeh in background and the fur well defined but not scribbled. A lot of patience was used in this work, I suspect. Loving the sparkle in the eyes as well as the dark whiskers!

2 Likes

Thankyou, when i’m drawing I get very immersed and yes a lot of patience is used. I found the out of focus fur quite trying as I want to put more detail in. Deb

1 Like

Wow!!! Thats beautiful!!! You captured it so well!

1 Like

Thankyou so much. Deb

Wow, very impressive.

Mary

1 Like

Beautiful painting in pastels. I just recently started using pastels, and I know this was not an easy one to do. Great job!
Patricia.

1 Like

Thankyou so much. Deb

Thankyou, The face was easier to do than the fur down the shoulder, as there wasn’t the detail to put in and was out of focus. Deb

This is stunningly gorgeous!

1 Like

Thankyou so much. Deb

Absolutely beautiful. You put so much detail in the entire piece. So glad you posted it.

1 Like

Beautifully done! Very inspiring! I would love to be able to achieve something like this!

1 Like

Thankyou, detail is what I like to try and achieve. Deb