Animal portraits

I’m really enjoying seeing the community’s artworks and the great vibe from the comments. It’s very very inspiring and encouraging.
I followed Matt’s charcoal

tutorial ‘Berti’ the ostrich from the archive of live tutorials then practised some of the learnings with ‘Wallaby’. I used a gorgeous pixabay ref photo Storme22k
I used willow charcoal for the under drawing and pan pastels and pastel pencils and black and white charcoal pencils.

This is a Red Neck Wallaby we often see in our garden and paddocks. I’m so grateful for the beautiful reference photo provided licence free in pixabay. Thanks Storme22k!!
Forgot to say, the paper is strathmore toned tan.

4 Likes

I love these pieces! I think you did an excellent job with the wallaby fur and whiskers.

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream:.
I kinda think those emojis say it all but those are, in my humble opinion, sone of the best art ive seen on this forum. I love the texture and coloring and just the overall style. Oh, thayre so cute!!!:heart:

1 Like

I love them both. Truly well done! Thanks for the share!
Patricia.

1 Like

That’s really awesome, and it’s cool that you shared the progression! You have done a fantastic job layering! :clap: :smile:

1 Like

Very good works! Another new person far advanced is making me feel really uncoordinated. :rofl:

1 Like

Excellent job!

I like working on Strathmore paper as well. I enjoy how you showed the steps of progress in your drawings. Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Teri

1 Like