Anyone selling online?

I am thinking about selling my art online. I either must give some away, buy a bigger house, or sell online.
Is anyone selling their art online and , if so, where?
Ken

1 Like

My suggestion, and I believe Matt will agree, is that you first make a website for your art. Dedicate it to your art. Separate from your personal site, if you have one. You can get free ones. Wordpress, for example. Once you have your website up and running, you can send people there, either from online contacts or in person. Also, have business cards made and give them away freely. Expect a very small percentage of the business cards to give you a return, but that is average. Then you can start taking advantage of other avenues, like facebook, instagram, etsy, ebay, etc. I don’t use very many of them, but a lot of people do. I prefer to deal with people face to face, so I have a website and business cards and concentrate locally. One thing you must do is carefully research pricing, make a decision, and stick to it. If you choose to start accepting commissions, do your research. You will need to know the pros and cons of it and how to make a mutually beneficial contract. Also, be prepred to run your art business like a business and be professional.

I haven’t seen any of your art. Do you plan on showing it? I would love to see it. :blush:

By the way, I think Matt has a blog post on selling art and a post on making a website.

2 Likes

Ginny means this one, I think :slight_smile:
https://thevirtualinstructor.com/blog/how-to-market-your-art-a-guide

Thanks. I read and re-read the article a few times last night and have found that I need to do a lot of work before I begin to sell.

1 Like

Thank you for the link.

1 Like