Use of the published paintings

I am going to be entering our state fair at the end of the year and I am cautious about using art work (or copies thereof) produced by others. If I have created a painting through the use of these lessons, can that art work be honestly entered as an original work of art by me?

Be very careful, ask for permission to be able to use their Image even though your painting is by you. I’ve recently had a problem with someone who thought they had bought an image of their animal for me to draw a portrait to finding that the photographer still owned the copywrite. The photographer was quite happy for me to show my drawing but, acknowledge her as the photographer. Good luck

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have encountered this situation as you described in the past, but I am curious if Matt allows art work completed as a result of his classes can be used in a show. I presume he would be the only individual that would object :<)

You will have to ask Matt that one.

Yes, you have to be very careful as to regards of copyright. Actually, I am surprised that Matt has not got a section here where members can donate their own photographs to be used copyright free. There are art sites that do, pmp-art.com being one which have been a member of now for about 20 years.

Thank you for taking time to reply.