Attempted Abstract

1 Like

This is a very complex piece. I wish I could see it full size to be able to appreciate all the work and thought in the creativity.

1 Like

Looks good, I see lots of faces made out of faces. What media and how big is this? Very detailed.

1 Like

Sorry to let you both down, but it’s only 9x12 from the Stonehenge Colors pad. Mostly Conté B, 2B black, white, grey, and Sanguine (burnt sienna-ish?); pan pastel sponges, mono eraser, and an electric eraser.

The idea was that its orientation could be rotated based on what catches your eye. The practicality of that probably would make it better for a coffee table tray or something like that, but live and learn!

Appreciate the feedback!

Didn’t let me down at all! It’s got a unique look to it and it does fit abstract but not “ugly”, it’s an expression of sorts and lots of details to get lost in. I like the sepia toned in addition to black and white (eraser?) or tan paper to start. First glanced it looks like aged paper of sorts then the value range is completely covered with interesting details and not just the same thing over and over like a fractal (which are cool too, but in a different way, hard to draw though).

9x12 is a HUGE drawing for me. I don’t have ealot of room so most of my practice has been on half page of 9x12 book so maybe 5x8 or 6x8 so I can fit two on a page. Helps me see progress.

Keep at it, I stil have to catch up to the getting sketchy since the ink stamp one and the entire latest course, I I missed last epsode of tennis shoe pen and ink and have been busy of late so no longer free Wed nights and am forgetting to practice since their encouragement in getting sketchy and live lesson is what kept me going. I’ll catch up in a bit though, but kind of burned self out with pen and ink and taking a break, but will come back. I don’t have anything that interesting to post yet, so you’re still one up on a newbie like me! I can see what looks neat/good without being able to say why, I guess I need to learn 'art appreciation class" or something to use the correct terms. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like