Wood and Rope Sketchbook work

Started out as texture study in my Sketchbook today. Turned into 5 hour pen and ink drawing. Did get my texture work in though.

Lenet

8 Likes

Hi Lenet @lenetg137 you did a really nice job with these textures. I like the subject matter too.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thank you, Terri @robichon . I am trying to find unique ideas and honesty trying to do things that I have to use the techniques learned here without just following the lessons as much. I’m still enjoying going through them, but also like the challenge of doing the stuff that I have to figure out some things good or bad. If it doesn’t work, I obviously can do a lesson or two.

Lenet

2 Likes

@lenetg137

Wow, super nice. Very well done, that’s some intricate texture!

Wow. Great textures!

Hi @lenetg137 Your approach to learning is perfect. One reason Matt has the members minute is to encourage people to take what they learn and then apply it to their own original artwork. That way you’re also creating art that is more meaningful to you. It’s fun watching your journey. By the way, I’m looking forward to seeing what the April challenge will be on that other forum.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Terri @robichon , This is getting more exciting each drawing I do. I am looking forward to the challenges also.

Lenet

1 Like

Very well done.Love it.

1 Like

Thank you, @Denise . I appreciate the comments.

This is wonderful. I tried tackling a rope once and failed miserably! I will have to try again. I love what you did… it’s totally believable as rope and wood. Thanks for sharing.
Patricia.

1 Like

Thank you, Patricia @sterlingsiam .