Bluebirds in Polychromos Pencils and Pan Pastels on Pastelmat

Below is the final version of my bluebirds which Matt critiqued a couple of weeks ago. I made most of the changes he suggested, and won best of show in the adult division of a local art show/competition. The longhorn steer won runner-up best of show. His name is Moe and is a member of the Texas State Longhorn herd. We met him and some of his herd mates at Copper Breaks State Park in 2019. The other photo is my granddaughter and her entry. She won best of show in the 6th grade division. So proud of her! I have utilized Matt’s methods and lessons to also teach art to my granddaughter, whom we homeschool several days a week.

Brenda

6 Likes

Wow, Brenda, congratulations! :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :wine_glass:

1 Like

Thank you, Maki! It was such a nice feeling, and I’m so proud of my granddaughter. I’m going to look for more local shows to enter at some point.

Brenda

1 Like

WOW WOW WOW! congratulations to both of you. I’m not surprised because they are fabulous. You must feel giddy!

1 Like

Wonderful and vibrant

1 Like

Giddy!!! That’s the word for how Quinnlyn and I felt when we rounded the corners and saw those rosette ribbons! I almost cried. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support, June.

brenda

1 Like