Bluejay ( 3 little birds)

It’s coming along slowly. I didn’t have the pastelmat that Matt used so I used Mi-Teints pastel paper instead. I didn’t have pan pastels either. I used soft pastels and blended. I’ll probably need to touch up when I’m done. The line traced line drawing didn’t really come out, but I tried a 2nd time and am persevering, lol.

4 Likes

Looks amazing! This was one of my favorite projects! Look forward to seeing your finished drawing.

Brenda

2 Likes

@Vgentry58

Looking beautiful! Please post the finished bluejay. I wanted to try the 3 little birds since the first time I saw them but had forgotten about them.
Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

You are doing a great job so far. Keep it up.

1 Like

You are off to a great start. I too, really enjoyed this project. Look forward to the finished project.

Teri

1 Like

Looks great! I also had fun with this lesson

1 Like

Hi Valerie,
This is looking REALLY GOOD. A while back I did an oil painting of a blue jay that looks a lot like this, and Matt did a critique of it on the member’s minute. I think it was episode 373, with changes that I made discussed at the start of episode 374. I didn’t know it when I was creating the artwork, but I wasn’t getting a big enough range of values, so my bird was looking flat. If you have time you may want to listen to Matts comments on that critique because I learned a lot from them.

By the way, I’m not seeing that you have that problem but it wasn’t until I got farther along on the body that it would have been noticeable. Please keep posting your progress.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Progress. Those feathers are harder than I thought they’d be. I’m happy with it so far.

Finally finished. I learned a lot on this one. You can make do with what you have and still have a lovely drawing.

2 Likes

Valerie - nicely done. The feathers, branch, all of it look great.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Oh the texture is amazing :scream: Even the striped pattern on the feathers–great work! :bird: :smile:

1 Like