Charcoal drawing-portrait

Completed the portrait from the Charcoal Drawing Course. truly enjoyed this much more than expected :smile: Let me know what you think and how I can do better!

4 Likes

Well-done! I have done all of the charcoal course except for the portrait. It seems portraits are not my strong suit. In fact, I’d rather draw anything other than portraits. You’ve done a really nice job of rendering this image to reflect the texture of the skin and the beard especially. Perhaps I’ll return to this course and finish it eventually. :slight_smile:
Brenda

1 Like

Thanks Brenda! WhenI started drawing a couple years ago, the last thing I wanted to do was portraits but I have found them very satisfying to do. I struggle with anything with fur though. I think that takes much more patience then I have, lol.

I think you did a great job. I love it.

1 Like

Hi Jeney! I like the portrait but I am struggling with the white section on the right. If I understand the portrait, the light is coming from the left (hitting the right side of his face). So, I am not sure that the white area belongs on the other side.
I think you did a great job on the beard and strands of hair. Thanks for sharing.
Patricia.

1 Like

I totally agree with the white section. Matt put it in hi drawing, so I did too but then it threw the highlights off. :roll_eyes: Thanks for looking and for the feedback :smile: