Working in the shop

Here’s my version of Karl from the live sessions. Would love to see the final version from other people who worked along with Ashley.

OriNebula

6 Likes

Oh - you did post! I love it. This was such a fun challenge.

1 Like

Wow! The level of shading and light conveyed with only black and white is amazing! Great work! :smile:

1 Like

NICE, OriNebula! It was such a fun series of lessons, and I think we learned a lot!

Brenda

Here’s my “Karl the Shop Guy!” I loved these live lessons.

Brenda

2 Likes

What was your favorite part of this whole piece? I loved doing the face and the vise.

Brenda

Your version of Karl is awesome!

My favorite part - I enjoyed learning how to work with charcoal. My favorite part of drawing was probably the hands. They are the central part of the piece and I enjoyed trying to get the detail in them. The face was hardest for me and I’m still not happy with my version of the face. Somehow the beard looks off in mine. I like that yours is missing the beard :).

Beth (orinebula)

1 Like

Brenda - that is amazing! I love your vice - I really struggled with that!

1 Like

Thank you, Beth, and thank you for sharing yours here. This was such a great series of lessons.

The face was really hard! I can’t begin to tell you how many times I reworked his mouth! It was such a great learning experience for handling charcoal and figure drawing. I’m so happy to have discovered the live lessons and this forum and other amazing artists like you. :relaxed:

Brenda

Thanks, June! The vise just about ate my lunch! :crazy_face:

Amazing work. So many details, Brenda and OriNebula!

1 Like

Thanks, @sandheal I could hardly put this piece down. It’s my first real charcoal drawing, and I loved working on it.

Brenda