Companion cats starring in my anime

This one is a bit old actually, completed in Dec last year. My plan was to draw a background scene specifically for this, combine them digitally, and post the integrated one here. But it looks like I will not have time to work on the background image for some time, so I decided to post this as it is currently.
They are the protagonists starring in the animated movie I’ ve been working on since last year…inseparable two, your loss and how it keeps you from blossoming, and the moment when your clock starts working again…the film will cover these things and so I expect it to be something quiet but very dynamic at the same time.
I’ve been very much influenced by this video by Flatbush Cats, a NY-based cat rescue NPO. I did not know that cats can maintain their memories about their siblings so clearly until I watched this video.

5 Likes

Adorable @Maki ! I’m curious about your animated movie! Is it a personal project or do you work for a studio? Is it a traditionally drawn movie or digital? :smile: Very exciting! Jesus loves you!!!

1 Like

These are adorable. I love them.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ve been working independently and my new film will be a totally hand-drawn piece. Hopefully I can complete it by the end of this year. :wink: :cat: :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Denise! :+1: :cat: :wink:

1 Like

Hey Maki, if you ever have the chance you should check the last get sketchy episode :wink:
To save you time, it’s around when their timer counts down to 19min10sec on the screen :wink:
:wave::wave::wave:

1 Like

Hello Glenn, many thanks for letting me know. I usually don’t join the gettin’ sketchy live series, so I wouldn’t have known what happened without your post here. That was so much fun! :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:And let me thank YOU too in return because your posts inspired me to organise my own thoughts about artworks creation overall. While you’re living a pretty busy life, you tend to forget to give yourself some time for self-reflection. But when you are somehow placed in a position to explain your ideas to somebody else, you cannot help but think through the subjects in question so that you can clarify your thoughts for somebody who is not you. My feedback, comments, suggestions etc. might have been helpful for you, but they are actually even more helpful for myself, in particular, that I have had an opportunity to verbalize my ideas is really helpful. Thank you again, and enjoy your holiday!!! :tumbler_glass: :tada: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Maki,

I had a quick question…
So about drawing an original, I was checking google for trees, just to practice u know. I could draw some trees during the holiday and when I’m back start with my regular drawings…

now, I found a picture of a beautiful tree and the artist that took the picture sells that picture. If I would buy the original picture from him, will I have the “right” to put my name under the drawing I made from that picture then? Is it an original?
Or would you change some key features of the trunk for example to make it your own?

I also don’t wanna use the picture without purchasing the picture or at least having his approval to use it for a drawing.

Hope it makes sense, and hope I’m not bothering you :slight_smile:

:wave: SlippyPaints :orange_heart:

1 Like

Hello Glenn, thank you for your question. Glad to know that you’ve found an inspiring photo for your original works! My recommendation is to contact the photographer and ask him about his own copyright management policy. If he is a professional photographer, he may have an official agreement format covering the rights, obligations, limitations so and so concerning the use of his photos. If he doesn’t have such a format, you may need to discuss them with him and share the agreement in writing with him. Good luck! :+1: :cat: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Very cute cats + drawing -
Also like they move in real
life :cat:

1 Like

Hello Jasmina, thank you so much for your kind comment! :cat: :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like