2nd tree drawing for the show

This is the second piece to be included in the next local show as introduced in my previous post

This is the reference photo. I’ve made a small changes here and there in my drawing though…

I’ve once drawn this using soft pastel before, which was featured in one of the Member’s Minute episodes.

While I was working on this colour version, I was thinking of making a B&W version of the same scene as I knew it would turn out something pretty interesting thanks to the extremely wide and well-allocated values.
I am glad that I finally had a chance to give it a try and the results have met my expectations back then.
Hope you like this piece! :cat: :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Looks great! Is it bad that I was looking for the cat like Where’s Waldo? :smiley:

1 Like

Maki,

I agree that it looks great. I also spent a bit of time looking for a cat in it.

Teri

1 Like

Hello Troy, thank you so much for your comment. I don’t know how many times I thought of putting a cat or two here and there and calling this drawing “hide and seek” or something…but I managed to stop me from doing so because this is going to be part of a very serious tree drawing series. That said, I added cats to my 3rd piece. I just could not help it. But it should not be a problem because the café owner is a cat lover too. :wink: :+1: :cat:

1 Like

Hi Teri, thank you so much for your comment. It indeed feels so strange when I draw something cat-less…this series will include about 20 pieces and my original plan was to make them all cat-less. But looks like this plan is going to make me crazy with frustration, so I’ve decided to include some cat-and-tree pieces.
I am happy with my decision! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cat: :wine_glass:

i don’t have the words, amazing work. tom

1 Like

Hello Tom, thank you so much for your kind comment! :cat: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:

Hello Maki,

I enjoyed the search, looking for the hidden cat. Others may also like the search - especially if they can find one in some of them.

Looking forward to seeing more of the pieces in this series of trees!

I think your decision is the right one too!

Teri

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words, Teri! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :cat:

5 Likes

That’s amazing! Again, I’d have called it good at the 3rd step or so afraid to mess it up. :blush:

1 Like