Daughter’s portrait

Hello,
Finally got the courage to draw my 20 year old daughter who has Down Syndrome. I used 9x12 gray toned paper with black and white charcoal. Attached are the progress pictures. She did not like the first two backgrounds I was doing first so I made it all black lol
Any suggestions are appreciated!

11 Likes

OH Sonia - This is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I love the black background too. This touches my heart, especially since as you know - my sister has Down Syndrome too. I’m speechless.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Hi Sonia! I love this portrait. A beautiful portrait of a beautiful woman. I don’t have any suggestions to make. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Thanks for sharing.

Patricia.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It means a lot :smiling_face_with_tear:

Terri,

Thank you as always for your sweet words. Were it not because of your encouragement and being an inspiration, I have no idea if I would’ve ever attempted it. It was not as scary as I thought it would be.
Hugs to you and your sweet sister :heart:

1 Like

I’m grateful that we have connected with each other.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

I am also grateful :blush:

Sonia

1 Like

The black background makes her stand out more. You did a great job. Love it.

1 Like

Thank you Denise! :blush:

Sonia,

Beautiful! You have created a lovely portrait of your daughter full of love. You should consider submitting this for a critique and tell your story to Matt.

Again, lovely drawing of your beautiful daughter.

Teri

2 Likes

I agree with Teri that you should submit this to Matt for the Members Minute.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

She turned out beautifully Sonia! Well done! I like the black background.

1 Like

Teri,

That is so very sweet of you, thank you! Funny you said it because I did submit it for critique earlier today! I would love it if Matt would choose my portrait to critique for areas needing improvement as well as the areas that are ok

Sonia

1 Like

I love her charming smile and the glint in her eyes. You’ve created a lovely portrait!

Wow! What a sweet face! Nice work. I like the black background.

1 Like

Thank you @mortonhouse!

Welcome to the forum!! :grin:

1 Like

Wow! I am blown away! The expression you have captured. Such love and warmth. The folds on the shirt are well done! Love this!