Electric storm - Digital

I entered another monthly challenge on a different forum. The theme word was “Electric”. I know it is simple and maybe even a little corney. I just had fun playing around with this one. I had to do it digitally because it just wouldn’t feel right doing electric by hand, LOL.

Lenet

4 Likes

Fantastic! Love It so much.

1 Like

Thank you, @Denise . I didn’t get too serious with this one. But sometimes fu. Just to play around.

Lenet

Hi Lenet - Glad you posted. I’m planning to do lightning also. I’ve selected the reference photo (one I took a few years ago) but haven’t gotten much farther yet. Still have a lot of time before the end of the month, and I’m a deadline kind of person.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Terri @robichon , Since there was no Getting Sketchy or live lessons last night, I figured it was a good time to knock out a quick drawing.

There plenty of time to create some electricity!

Lenet

1 Like

Hi Lenet and other community members -
I played with the “electric” theme too, and here is my version of Lightning. Based on a photo I took a few years ago from my bedroom window. It’s an 8x8 ink painting. The lightning bolt is drawn with Sakura Gelly Roll opaque white pens. The paper is Arches 300 lb cold press watercolor paper that I purchased on a block. First time to try out the cold press in this weight. I still prefer the hot press.

This was my second attempt. I threw the first one away. On the first try I used masking fluid to preserve the white of the paper for the lightning, but that way all of the lightning bolt was the same width, which looked really fake because that’s not the way it is in nature. I throw away artwork all the time, and almost always try it again based on what I learned.

I struggle with landscapes in general, and clouds always. This was good practice, but I’m not in love with it. It’s the intricate detailed stuff that is my favorite.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Terri @robichon , I really like this one. This is ao realistic. I like your approach. I thought about using frisket if I would have painted with watercolor. Thought about the fact that lines would be to thick.

I didn’t take mine to seriously, like I said was just having fun.

Lenet

1 Like

Hi Lenet -

Nothing wrong with grabbing a little time for the fun of it. It’s all good.

Terri

1 Like