Expected tree pen drawings show

That is a piece of art. Great job.

1 Like

OMG! Your drawings are so amazing! The detail and precision are incredible. Thanks for sharing your progression pictures also. May I ask how long one of these takes you?

1 Like

Hi Araela, thank you so much for your kind words.
Well, I kept comparing the reference photo and my drawing all the way through the drawing process. I kept finetuning my drawing persistently until it looks as close as possible to the reference except for the things I’d decided to change from the photo. So there’s no wonder that the drawing and the photo look almost the same.
Your drawings are not always supposed to be the best when they look like photos. But this time I did that because I knew I had prepared the photo reference as perfectly as possible so that my drawing would be fine when I succeed in making it almost a replica of the photo. In other words, I adjusted the reference photo so that it will look like the finished drawing I had in my mind. This approach takes a lot of time before starting the actual drawing, but makes your drawing process much easier. :smiley: :+1: :cat:

Hello Buddy, thank you so much for your kind words. I’ve been working on the third one of this series, which includes my beloved black cat…actually, black cats. It looks sooooooooo funny! I will upload this one too once completed. :cat: :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hello Wingman, thank you so much for your kind comment! :smiley: :wine_glass: :cat:

Hello Dana-T, thank you so much for your kind words. I checked my calendar and found that I was working on this piece from 22 Dec 2022 to 3 Jan 2023. So almost 2 weeks I guess…pretty tough, but I think I enjoyed the drawing process very much! :smiley: :+1: :cat:

This is absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for the deeply heart felt inspiration. I love seeing the progression of your work.

1 Like

Very nicely done. You have a great range of tonal values.

Mary

1 Like

Hello Emily, thank you so much for your kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: :cat:

1 Like

Hi Mary, thank you so much for your comment! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: