Eye painting in acrylic

I am sharing a quick sketch of an eye painted with acrylic color on paper. I am using very limited palette for this painting. My main color was Burnt Umber, Ultramarine Blue, Scarlet lake, Yellow Ochre and Titanium White.

I am sharing the video link as well. I will love to hear form you about this small piece of work.

7 Likes

This is wonderful. Great job.

1 Like

Can you share the name of the paper using and is this acrylic paints?
I use oil on a paper called Arches and I love the texture, light tooth, and results with smooth paint application (no linen pattern to contend with).

1 Like

Looks wonderful. Looks like somehow someone put their finger in the eye, like it is so wet that one would think this because of the shine the eyeball has. Thanks for the tutorial. I am always enjoy the artists who post video while they are painting along with the finished picture.

Lenora

2 Likes

Lovely, amazing how the different layers brings ones art alive! I really enjoyed the video. Fantastic!

1 Like

I mostly use 300 gsm Canson watercolor paper with Medium grain. I use 400gsm acrylic papers too. These are more smoother and very useful for acrylic. Thank you so much for your appreciation :blush:

Glad you like my work. I love painting eyes with acrylic. And adding the shine is my favourite part always. Thank you so much for your appreciation :blush:

Thanks a lot for appreciating my work. Have a great day.

Thank you so much for appreciating my work.

I was pleased to see your comment regarding d’Arches paper for oil. I too use this and love the texture. I am often troubled by the linen weave on some canvases. This paper is great, but I wonder how it is perceived by professionals or collectors.