Field of Poppies Oil Pastels

I had to do this lesson. I finally got to use my good sennellier and cray pas oil pastels. Made my heart happy :blush:

7 Likes

Hello Sonia @Meme5 , it is always fun playing with new toys. I can tell you had fun with this one. I love the richness you acieved in you color choices. Even the areas of the background that slightly show through adds a little punch to the whole picture. Great job.

2 Likes

Hi Sonia - This is beautiful and so colorful. I have 2 sets of oil pastels but have only used them once. This looks like another one of those lessons the I’m just going to have to do. But when???

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

Lenet @lenetg137 thank you, it was really soothing drawing these poppies. I had a moment all by myself, I enjoyed every minute of it :blush:

Sonia

1 Like

Terri, thank you for always being so kind and supportive. I hope you do try it and post it whenever you do.
The elephant in colored pencils is next on my list of to do things. My little list does not include an oil or acrylic painting but I want to try one of each before my week is over.
…we shall see…

2 Likes

Hi Sonia - you are so ambitious, but I have always been happiest when I set goals for myself so I understand you trying to get the most out of every moment.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

This looks great! I haven’t tried oil pastels but they’re on my list.

1 Like

Great job. I love it.

Beautiful. May I ask what paper you worked on?

@lakeside339 thank you! I used canson mi teintes orange color, rough side. Here’s the link to the lesson I followed. You should try it too. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks (I almost asked for the link, but figured I shold try navigating the site :slight_smile: ). I have this type of paper and some (old) oil pastels I’ve been wanting to try! How long did this take you?

1 Like

@lakeside339
Great, seems like you’re set to give it a go…Make sure to post your poppies, cannot wait!
It takes about an hour.

Sonia

1 Like

@PeterV
Thank you! It’s really fun, i hope you try working with oil pastels and post here!

Sonia

I can’t believe it took so little time. I’ll have to click on that link.

Terri Robichon

1 Like