Finished Peony YAY!

200 years later…Finished my Pea-oh-nie!!!

That Stonehenge paper can take a beating! Layered, erased, more layers, lots of burnishing and more layering.
Now to catch up with first soft pastels live lesson… :running_woman:t2:

5 Likes

Sonia,

This is beautiful. You really made it your own a lovely shade of lilac.

Teri

1 Like

It turned out very purplish alright. Plus 2 of my 5 lightbulbs kitchen fixture went out last night which makes the picture darker …darker shade of purple sigh

Fabulous job! Love it.

1 Like

I really love this. I may have to try it at some point. Looks so frilly!!!

Brenda

1 Like

I hope you do, it was a great learning experience for me. I also found that the stonehenge paper is so forgiving, it takes so many pencil layers.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate it! :blush:

Stonehenge has to be my favorite all-purpose paper. It can take a lot of abuse and still looks great!

Brenda

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. I’m sure if i had used Bristol, I would’ve ruined it with my peony drawing.

Sonia,

I like the color. It makes it originally yours!

Teri

1 Like

It must’ve been my initial obsession with shopping around for that elusive Lilac pencil, my subconscious was probably like “lilac, lilac, must. get. lilac?!”

Sonia,

That is great! lilac - lol! It did turn out beautiful!

Teri

1 Like

The finished peony is lovely, but it has lost that sun-kissed look which I really liked. Sometimes I think we get stubbornly obsessed with doing something and not appreciating what we have accomplished. Doing art is not making an exact copy of whatever it is, but what we learn along the journey.

1 Like

It was cloudy on my peony lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
In all seriousness I agree with you. I really struggled to get over not having the right colors, also with not ripping it and starting over for the second time. Sigh

I don’t throw anything out. There’s lessons to be learned from the mistakes we make. Not bad to get a lunch in the ego occasionally
either. Although none of your peony attempts could ever be called mistakes. They were beautiful.
Jane

1 Like

I love how it turned out Sonia!! I love the lighting effect on the peony. Just gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you, it was a very enjoyable challenge.