Gettin’ Sketchy colored pencil frog with Ashley

Well, his front legs look like crab legs!!! It is done, though. Took longer than the 45 minutes. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Great job once again Brenda.

Terri Robichon

1 Like

Thanks, Terri. This one was harder than I expected it to be! LOL!

Brenda

1 Like

Brenda, that turned out amazing!! I did mine in the 45 minutes and it is definitely sketchy!!!

3 Likes

He sure looks happy, June! I love him. At least his front legs look like a frog’s legs, unlike whatever those are on my version! :grinning: And I admire you so much for your ability to produce a darned good rendering in such a short time. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Brenda

1 Like

Oh no beware of the CROG!
Brenda, good job.
Jim

1 Like

LOL!! Good one! Thanks!

Brenda

This looks great! Nice job with the colors, highlights, and shadows.

1 Like

Thank you, Diane!

Brenda

Hi everyone @Brenda @junenez. I was bored with what was on TV last night, so I decided to give the frog a try. It didn’t seem like that long, but I looked at the clock and discovered it was almost midnight. I’d worked on that crazy frog for about 3 hours. I didn’t really like the drawing, but I left it and went to bed. This morning it looked a little better to my fresh eyes. I started making the darks darker, and the lights lighter. WOW, now I actually like it. Last night I was thinking I’d throw this one away. Glad I didn’t do that. (Mine is 5x7 using pastels, instead of colored pencils.)

Terri Robichon

2 Likes

That looks great, Terri! I’m always surprised when I look at something after letting it set overnight. My opinion is usually different and usually more positive.

I’m glad you added your version of the frog. I didn’t spend nearly that much time, but I can tell you really put some time into this.

Brenda

1 Like

Hi Brenda. I can’t do anything in 45 minutes. I put 4-5 hours into this. But for me, that’s a really quick drawing.

Also remember that I always trace my initial line drawing which gives me a huge advantage for getting the proportions spot on.

Thanks for all your posts, which encourage me to play along with you.

Terri Robichon

1 Like